JOIN C3NY FOR A COMPREHENSIVE, HANDS-ON THREE DAY WORKSHOP
STEP 2CS PREPARATION IN NEW YORK CITY
- Three day comprehensive workshop in New York City covering history taking and interviewing skills for American patients, communication skills (the “do’s–and-don’ts), physical examination skills, computer practice writing patient notes, and a detailed medical review of each case is offered monthly
- Mark H. Swartz, M.D., a leader in clinical skills for over 30 years & author of Textbook of Physical Diagnosis: History and Examination, teaches every day of the workshop
- Live standardized patients and one-on-one practice with immediate feedback of your interviewing and history-taking skills
- Understand and improve the CIS (clinical and interpersonal skills) and ICE (integrated clinical encounter) components of the USMLE Step 2 CS Exam
- Opportunities to for timed practice of the all-important Patient Note
- Optional PE Practicum session available in NYC!
- Online Skype sessions available with highly experienced medical educator SP’s to give you targeted feedback!
- C3NY’s programs are developed and produced under the direction of and taught by Mark H. Swartz, M.D. and his colleagues. Dr. Swartz has been involved with SP testing for over 30 years and has taught CSA and Step 2 CS preparatory programs since 1998. We have helped more than 6,500 individuals pass Step 2CS. C3NY has been conducting this three day workshop in New York for over 13 years.
VISIT US ONLINE AT https://www.c3ny.org/enroll FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU PASS!
Don't take our word for it! Listen to our students:
Dearest Dr. Swartz, Anna and SPs,
We are the couple of Brazilian psychiatrists who attended your C3NY workshop last July. Our test results just arrived and we both passed!
Attending your lectures was fundamental for our success. One of us had previously failed the exam, but our gloominess and intimidation completely faded after the first day of classes. Your way of dissecting the test, showing its purposes and what it is to be expected from the examiners and us was key in taking lots of question marks from our heads, and making us believe that it was doable. That alone provided enough confidence to face the task, but as we saw from the last couple of days, there was more!
The recap of the physical exam was great. You clearly showed that we could get what we needed from the SPs on those fifteen minutes, physical exam included. Timing ourselves afterwards proved you right and brought even more confidence.
But it seems the best was served last. The supervised encounters with feedback from Anna, Dr. Swartz, the SPs and our colleagues ranked among the best educational experiences ever. You learn from others, help others to learn, and that happens right in front of our eyes during the last day of the workshop. It was incredible to compare our moods before the first day of classes to the ear-to-ear smile we had on our faces when we left to the airport after the last day. And we had not even taken the test yet!
The main trouble on the day of the exam was keeping ourselves calm, but for that we had some theatrical tips learned from Anna. It was facing the beast and “following the leads”. They were there and proved to be invaluable. The toughest part ended up being the wait for the results, but now it is over.
We would like to thank all the colleagues who participated in the July workshop with us, and especially for the C3NY team we would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you so much! Muito Obrigado! May God bless you all, and keep on sharing your light.
João Vicente Busnello, M.D. and Luciana Ribeiro, M.D.Brazil
Dear Dr. Swartz and Anna,
I am pleased to inform you that I passed the test which I took after 10 days of attending your course. This exam is a test of your interpersonal and communication skills rather than a test of your medical knowledge, and I
don’t think anyone can teach this better than Dr. Swartz and his team. There is no one else who has a better idea about the exam than Dr. Swartz and the training tools which he uses are just awesome and he keeps you so involved for 3 days that it looks like you know him forever. The one thing exceptional about Dr. Swartz is that he has time for everyone and every question (I asked him so many during the breaks) and he never looks at his watch or makes you feel hurried while teaching.
The SPs which Dr. Swartz provides and the critical analysis which he and Anna do on the 3rd day just nails the entire course to perfection.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is taking the step2 cs and don’t waste your time on useless books or USMLE forums where one blind man is leading another one. Just remember for professional exams you need professional help and there is no one better than Dr. Swartz and his team.
I thank you once again for lighting the bulb in my life, and I will never forget the experience I had with your team.
Yuvraj Choudhary, M.D.Indiahttp://c3ny.org/testimonials/ for more.