Medical Rotation     

Thread: How to study for usmle step-1 First Aid

How to study for usmle step-1 First Aid

hi! I've visited many forums on usmle and by far this is my favorite one. congrats to the admin!
    I have a question on first aid! I've heard that is the most important tool for the exam and everyone tells me that I must learn it as it were my name. I just want an advise on how to study it and learn everything on it. Everything seems so important and yet I don't know how to manage to learn it all.
    I am reviewing Kaplan LN and videos and at the same time after each topic I go to FA. I try to understand kaplan and learn FA, but still I think I need help on how to study it. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by usmled View Post
    hi! I've visited many forums on usmle and by far this is my favorite one. congrats to the admin!
    I have a question on first aid! I've heard that is the most important tool for the exam and everyone tells me that I must learn it as it were my name. I just want an advise on how to study it and learn everything on it. Everything seems so important and yet I don't know how to manage to learn it all.
    I am reviewing Kaplan LN and videos and at the same time after each topic I go to FA. I try to understand kaplan and learn FA, but still I think I need help on how to study it. Any advice?

Thank you for compliments and we need students cooperation in bringing up this forum and making it more useful.

You are doing right thing by doing FA after kaplan LN and videos topic wise. You can just modify a little bit like below

Read Kaplan notes and watch videos followed by UW Q bank and then FA. You can add very HY things from UW to FA. Knowing all concepts on FA & UW by heart will make you ready for usmle exam. Know everything in & out of common diseases and common concepts because they will be more tested in usmle exams

So follow this way system wise Kaplan/Goljan=>Videos(optional)=>UW Q bank(must)=>FA = Excellent grip on concepts.

Especially for micro/immuno/biochem/pharma FA is very much useful and good for quick revision. All the best

Watch videos on How to study for usmle step-1
    Thanks & Regards
    Admin-usmleforums4u.com

Click here to Purchase USMLE BOOKS from Amazon and help us to maintain our website usmleforums4u

Contact us to become premium member, Follow our RSS Feed, Like us at Facebook, Tweet us at Twitter

Premium Member
    great guide line admin...
    my question is that if first aid + UW will be sufficient for micro,immuno,pharma,biochem and BS?
    is gross anatomy from snells is required for step 1?parasitology?
    for path and physio i ve the planned to study as u said...ie goljan/brs physio----UW----FA

Quote Originally Posted by hala View Post
    great guide line admin...
    my question is that if first aid + UW will be sufficient for micro,immuno,pharma,biochem and BS?
    is gross anatomy from snells is required for step 1?parasitology?
    for path and physio i ve the planned to study as u said...ie goljan/brs physio----UW----FA
    Micro,Immuno,Pharma,Biochem and BS needs Kaplan in addition to FA+UW but exception is if you are AMG with strong basic background knowledge. If you are IMG then sure you need kaplan especially Biochem,Immuno & Pharma. The mentioned subjects have significant contribution in number of question items.

Gross Anatomy from snells is good and other option is HY Gross anatomy which is also enough. Parasitology just have a look at FA+FA+UW which cover most important topics. You must also focus common rx for common parasitic infections which are expected in step-1.

Patho physio plan is good as you mentioned. All the best & thanks for your post
    Thanks & Regards
    Admin-usmleforums4u.com

Click here to Purchase USMLE BOOKS from Amazon and help us to maintain our website usmleforums4u

Contact us to become premium member, Follow our RSS Feed, Like us at Facebook, Tweet us at Twitter

Premium Member
    thanx admin...appreciate your quick response..

Quote Originally Posted by hala View Post
    thanx admin...appreciate your quick response..
    It's my pleasure..keep posting
    Thanks & Regards
    Admin-usmleforums4u.com